Owner / Director of Training - Armed Personal Defense™
My focus as the Owner and Director of Training at Armed Personal Defense™ is to provide a safe, encouraging environment that will allow students to learn effective marksmanship and gun handling skills whether they are a beginner or an advanced shooter. My professional and unique training techniques provide our students with a strong foundation that will allow them to build their firearms skills, understand the legal issues surrounding the use of lethal force and provide them with critical training that could potentially save their life or the life of a loved one.
As an instructor, I have the highest commitment to safe and effective training in the full range of firearms disciplines. I have over 20 years of firearms experience with pistols, rifles, shotguns of all types. In addition to firearms, I have signficant experience in hand to hand fighting and knife fighting techniques.
In order to improve my own skills, I devote over 100 hours each year to my own training and professional development. Very few other instructors can make these claims.
You have my personal guarantee that I will never teach you any skill that I cannot demonstrate to you on demand. That is my 'no compromise' guarantee to you.
Complete Resume for Doug Little
NRA Training Counselor - Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection Inside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a Victim
• Arizona DPS - Approved CCW Instructor
• Arizona DPS - Armed and Unarmed Security Guard Instructor
• California DOJ - Approved Handgun Safety Instructor
Staff Instructor - Suarez International
• Defensive Pistol Skills
• Close Range Gunfighting
• Fighting Rifle Skills
• Close Range Rifle Gunfighting
• Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
• Advanced Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
• AR15 / M4 Rifle Gunfighting
• Force on Force Gunfighting
• Defensive Knife Skills
• Close Quarter Battle - Fighting in Structures
• Point Shooting Gunfighting
Additional Instructor Certifications
• Low Light Gunfighting
• Armed Vehicle Operations
• ASP Baton Instructor - Armament Systems and Procedures, Inc.
• ASP Handcuff Instructor - Armament Systems and Procedures, Inc.
• Glock Factory Certified Armorer
• CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer - American Red Cross
• Wilderness First Aid - SOLO Schools
• Crime Prevention Specialist - International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners
• International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners
• Arizona Crime Prevention Association
• Past President and Board Member - United States Marshals Posse - District of Arizona
• Gun Rights Examiner - Examiner.com
• Author - Arizona CCW Guide
• Firearms Expert / Contributor - AllExperts.com
• National Rifle Association - Life Member
• Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association
• Police Marksman Association
• National Shooting Sports Foundation
• Cactus Combat Match League
• International Defensive Pistol Association