Why Should You Get an Arizona CCW Permit…
With the recent changes in Arizona law, you are no longer required to have a concealed weapons permit to carry a concealed weapon in Arizona. As a result many people have decided not to take any training, even though they have little formal experience with firearms and their knowledge of Arizona firearms law is limited. Arizona CCW Permit holders have a number of advantages over people that don't get a permit. The big ones are:
- Carry privileges in 35 states with the Arizona permit.
- No background check requirement when purchasing firearms.
- Carry permitted in restaurants that allow concealed carry.
- Carry in national parks in Arizona.
Why Skipping AZ CCW Training is a Bad Idea...
We think that skipping firearms and legal training is a bad idea, potentially placing you and others at risk. Do something against the law and you can end up in jail or with a hefty fine. Shoot someone without legal justification or by accident and you'll go to jail for a long time. Do something seriously wrong with a firearm while trying to defend yourself and you can end up dead. Even if you survive and don't get criminally charged, you can still get sued. Ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse. You are expected to know all the laws relating to firearms if you carry a gun.
Why Our Courses Are Different…
Our training takes a completely different approach. We don't believe in teaching online courses by giving you a document to read and letting you take a test. We want to provide you with a concise explanation of the concept we are trying to teach.
- We teach you what you need to know to be safe.
- We teach you how to handle yourself during a potentially violent encounter with a criminal.
- We teach you how to avoid becoming a victim of violent crime.
- We teach you what you need to know to survive real-world encounters.
- We teach you Arizona law as it relates to the use of physical or lethal force.
- We teach you where you can and cannot legally carry a concealed weapon in Arizona.
In short, we teach you what you need to know to carry a concealed weapon legally and responsibly in Arizona...You will not find a better choice for Arizona CCW training.
Why Our Instructors Are Better…
Did you know that to be a CCW instructor, you only need to be an NRA instructor? The NRA doesn't provide any training in the legal aspects of self defense in many of their instructor training courses. How do you know that your instructor is teaching you the right information?
Doug Little is the Director of Training for Armed Personal Defense™. He has been teaching CCW courses in Arizona since 2003. His instructor credentials include the following certifications:
• DPS Certified Arizona CCW Instructor
• CA DOJ Certified Firearms Instructor
• NRA Training Counselor
• NRA Instructor
• Staff Instructor for Suarez International
• Certified Crime Prevention Specialist
Doug has a detailed understanding of Arizona law relating to firearms, concealed carry and the legal implications using lethal force in self defense. In addition to having instructed literally thousands of students in his Arizona CCW courses, he has also certified hundreds of NRA instructors in Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home disciplines.
He is also the author of the Arizona CCW Guide, the premier online guide to Arizona CCW Law and Concealed Carry techniques.
Doug Little's complete firearms instruction resume can be found here.
Our Commitment to You…A "No Compromise" Guarantee
If you take one of our courses and don't feel that you got your money's worth and then some, we will give you a full refund, no questions asked.
There are too many instructors out there that 'talk the talk' but cannot 'walk the walk'.
You also have my personal guarantee that I will never teach you any skill that I cannot demonstrate to you on demand. That is a 'no compromise' guarantee.